On Wednesday we had the third annualConfer Plastics Classic Golf Tournament at Willowbrook Golf Course & Restaurant in Lockport. All proceeds from this event were donated to the Iroquois Trail Council.
How much did the Boy Scouts get this year?
This was only possible with A LOT of help:
1) The Big Guy Upstairs: Somehow, despite the forecasts calling for heavy downpours, we were spared any showers, rains, and thunderstorms, even though nearby Amherst and Batavia were deluged. That’s 2 years in a row we were spared. Last year, it was the only dry day of the week!!
2) Carol Genet: Mrs. G ran a killer raffle again. The raffle alone brought in more than $6,400! It takes a lot of hard work to do what she did — she went out and looked for donations, collected the prizes, made the baskets, and professionally conducted the raffle with a small team of lovely ladies. I guarantee Mrs. G put over 100 hours of her time into this. That’s some serious care for the Boy Scouts. Love you, Mrs. G!!
3) The raffle donors and participants: There were over one hundred prizes, including an awesome shed donated by Dominick Ciliberto. Businesses and individuals from all over donated prizes and we had a bunch of raffle participants from the community stop by while we were on the course.
4) The golfers and sponsors: What would a golf tournament be without the golfers? We had 109 of them and well over a dozen sponsoring organizations. Their support is incredible. It was awesome to see a full course, full dinner tables, and tee signs everywhere.
5) Willowbrook: Manager Jim Furlong and his staff are excellent. The grounds, service, food and fun were top-notch as always. We’ve had a couple of golf courses court us for the tournament this year. Our answer to them was “no” and will always be “no.” Jim and Willowbrook take darn good care of us.
Our three year total for the Boy Scouts is now in excess of $40,000! That’s a major investment in America’s future.
We’re gonna keep that magic going. Book your calendars for 2019: The last Wednesday of June.
Thank you, everyone, for a successful event!